Thursday, March 9, 2017

How can you Help Homeless Veterans in New Hampshire?

The United States has set a lofty goal—to end veteran homelessness. Across New Hampshire, the Governor’s office, local and state officials, homeless service providers, public housing authorities, veteran service organizations, nonprofits, and state and federal agencies are working together to house all of our homeless Veterans. One program is the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program.
If you are a property owner or landlord, consider making apartments available to HUD VASH voucher holders. In today’s tight rental market, it is often difficult for veterans who are homeless to find stable housing that is safe, clean and affordable. The HUD VASH Program, which offers Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) rental assistance along with case management through the Department of Veterans Affairs, is one way that veterans can find their way home again. Through these vouchers, veterans pay an affordable percentage of their income toward rent, and the landlord receives a check for the remainder of the rent in the form of a Housing Assistance Payment. If you have a rental property, consider accepting VASH vouchers.

Attention landlords if you would like more information contact the Manchester VA Supportive Housing (VA) Landlord Point of Contact and Housing Specialist at: 603-851-0356.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.